Summary for the 65th meeting of Ecma TC39
Ecma Technical Committee 39 held three day meeting at Microsoft in Bellevue on July 24th - July 26th, 2018. Agenda can be found here.
TC39 discussed 6 new proposals. 3 entered staging process to discuss towards specification, and 1 remains at Stage 0 for further investigation before consensus.
Advanced to Stage 1
Advanced to Stage 2
Needs more discussion (remains Stage 0)
- Secondary Proposal for
- committee suggestion is to split into separate proposals.
Advanced to Stage 2 from Stage 1
Advanced to Stage 3 from Stage 2
Needs more discussion/information
These proposals were discussed but did not advance to next stage at the meeting. Please refer to "Conclusion / Resolution" section on the notes to see the outcome of discussion.
Status updates from proposals working towards stage advancement.
- Update on
- New name for global(revisited discussion)
- Partial Application
- First-class Protocols
Changes to existing specification
Consensus Reached Pull Requests
Topics related to ECMAScript specification activities.
- Report on Realms shim Security Review
- TC53 introduction for TC39
- User testing (e.g. usability or learnability): call for resources
- Website and Documentation project update
- Abstractions for membranes
- Reviewing the future JS syntax throughout the current proposals
- Package name maps
- Layered APIs
- Get Originals
Updates from ECMA-262 Editors Group
ES2019 now includes:
- ECMAScript is now a superset of JSON.
- The catch binding is now optional.
- bugfixes and few needs-consensus PRs.
- TC39 welcomed 4 new voting members, Agoric Systems (SPC), npm (SME), Stripe (OM), and Igalia (SME).
- TC39 Chairperson or Chair Group for 2019 will be nominated for September meeting and planned to have vote at November meeting.
- ECMA has approved “Ecma Fellow" to accomodate individuals with extraordinary, contribution to participate in TCs. TC39 can nominate such members to be approved at December 2018 General Assembly
- Management/infrastructure tasks; invited expert policy; meeting planning (slides)
- September 2019 Meeting Locations